We are actively seeking a talented and experienced TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER to oversee a specific technologically driven project from conceptual design through to implementation. You will have the chance to network with clients, vendors, and in-house personnel as well as assist to form a dream team of experts for each phase to maximize resources and efficiency. We know how valuable your problem-solving and leadership skills are to our company’s success, and we offer a competitive independent contracting value proposition. If you are ready to steer our high-level project to success, we are excited to have you on our team.
- Establish and implement processes and practices for technical personnel
- Determine scope of work.
- Use the most suitable project management methodologies to develop and monitor project plans that satisfy business requirements. and timelines
- Coordinate technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through to implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and present detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables to the Project Lead and Project Owner
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Analyse, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for project members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when making large purchases on behalf of the company
- Update and maintain all production technologies ensuring proper maintenance and installation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Information Technology/Computer Science (i.e. min bachelor degree in IT related field)
- Relevant Project Management certification
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited instituitions preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience in a project management setting
- Proficiency with at least one web development language, examples include Python or node.js
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies, and methods
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and and promoting teamwork
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively resolve obstacles.
|Job Category||Business Intelligence, Gauteng Region|